EDGEMOOR NEIGHBORHOOD ASSOCIATION (ENA)
The ENA meets quarterly in September, December and March, with the Annual Meeting held in June. The day of the meeting will be determined each quarter by meeting space availability at Lairmont Manor. Neighborhood meetings are a time for residents to meet and discuss topics of interest. The ENA Board can have up to 11 members. Currently there are several openings, so if you are a resident of Edgemoor and would like to be on the ENA Board, please let one of us know. The Board meets once in the summer to elect officers and if a special meeting is called.
We hope you can join us at our monthly meetings.
WHAT IS ENA?
Edgemoor Neighborhood Association is a non-profit 501-C-3 organization, formed in July 2004 to provide a friendly forum for Edgemoor residents to become informed about issues affecting our neighborhood and local community.
The ENA Articles of Incorporation states the purpose of the organization is:
- To represent the needs and concerns of residents in the Edgemoor Neighborhood, in the city of Bellingham, Washington
- To improve the quality of life in our neighborhood
- To monitor all civic issues in order to promote the best possible solutions for our neighborhood and the community at large
- To encourage the residents of Edgemoor to actively participate in achieving this purpose
In order to achieve the purposes stated in the Articles of Incorporation, the ENA Bylaws states that ENA shall:
- provide a structure for neighbors to come together, be informed, and talk about common concerns and issues
- provide a mechanism for creating neighborhood positions and to make these positions known to government, business and other entities
- provide a mechanism for linking with civic groups and other neighborhood associations on issues of wider interest
- disseminate information of civic interest and concern to the neighborhood
- foster a spirit of community among the people who live in Edgemoor
HOW CAN YOU BECOME INVOLVED?
To become a member in ENA, individuals must be a resident or property owner in Edgemoor Neighborhood and fill out a membership form. Currently there are no dues required to join ENA, but donations are accepted.
ENA is a 501-C-3 Non-Profit Organization:
In 2006, ENA applied to the IRS for 501-C-3 non-profit status. The IRS has certain requirements which must be met, one of which is for the applicant to have Articles of Incorporation. The Articles of Incorporation were approved at the May, 2006 ENA Membership meeting and the IRS granted 501-C-3 status in June, 2006. Donations to ENA are now tax-deductible.
Visit the CONTACT page to contact ENA officers and committee chairpersons by email
Edgemoor Neighborhood Association
PO BOX 4022
BELLINGHAM, WA 98227
President, Lylene Johnson, 360-303-1327
Webmaster, Sandie Koplowitz, 360-319-5088
LINKS TO ENA LEGAL DOCUMENTS: