Nextdoor Edgemoor is a private social network for our neighborhood that makes it easy to connect with neighbors online.
Edgemoor residents are using Nextdoor to:
- Quickly get the word out about a break-in
- Organize a Neighborhood Watch Group
- Track down a trustworthy babysitter
- Find out who does the best paint job in town
- Ask for help keeping an eye out for a lost dog
- Find a new home for an outgrown bike
- Finally call that nice man down the street by his first name
Sign in to: Nextdoor Edgemoor
Nextdoor Guidelines for Neighborly Behavior
We believe in the traditional notion of neighbors as people who help and look out for each other. We challenge members to hold themselves, and each other, to the highest standard of neighborly behavior. Nextdoor has provided Community Guidelines for posting on Nextdoor, but the following list is a brief summary of these guidelines.
Treat everyone with respect
- Assume good intentions in others and give them the benefit of the doubt.
- Disagree without being disagreeable; focus on issues and do not engage in personal attacks.
- Practice moderation and do not over post in a way that dominates conversations.
- Send private messages or post to a Group when a limited audience is more appropriate.
- Refrain from profanity or posting messages that will be perceived as discriminatory or profiling.
Share helpful information
- Answer fellow members’ questions.
- Share information about crime and safety issues.
- Recommend local businesses and services (without spamming or inappropriate self-promotion).
- Sell, share, or give away personal items that you no longer want or need.
- Discuss community issues (but avoid campaigning).
- Spread the word about local events.
- Provide support to fellow members in need.
Honestly represent yourself
- Use your real name, not an alias, pseudonym, or abbreviation.
- Join as an individual not as a couple, family, or organization.
- Take the time to add a photo and to fill out your profile
And just a few reminders…
- Be honest, authentic, and straightforward in all actions
- Show tolerance to each other, even if you don’t share similar opinions
- Post your opinions about issues – not about your neighbor’s position on those issues
- If you write a post when you are angry or upset, wait until you are calm (or have someone else read it) before pushing the send button
- Don’t share content from the website outside of the neighborhood without your neighbors’ permission
Any neighbor can flag a post if they feel it is inappropriate or abusive.
Posts that do not respect the above guidelines will be deleted.